Geluk – Congratulations!
The VSC is 10 years old on 1 November 2016!
After the umpteenth incident of crime (especially during the night), the serious deterioration of our dam areas and public open spaces, the residents mobilized, and during a public meeting, decided to do something about the unacceptable situation. Henceforth the VSC (Vredekloof Safety Council) was established in 2006.
For more than 3 years, we worked very hard to get crime down and to upgrade our area. At long last, during August 2009, our application for the establishment of a City Improvement District in Vredekloof (VCID) was approved by the Cape Town City Council and property owners began paying special levies to fund the CID as of 01 September 2009. With the establishment of the VCID, Vredekloof Safe and Clean [VSC], became our slogan.
Over the period since 1 November 2006:
- Crime has dropped drastically, according to SAPS by some 65% due to visible security foot and vehicle patrols in the area.
- Less by-law offences are being committed – i.e. taxi’s in the area, litter, dumping, illegal squatting on public open spaces, etc.
- Street sweeping, litter picking/cleaning of road sides/public open spaces and dam areas are done on a daily basis.
- Radio networking with broader Sector Police Crime Forum in order to prevent incidents of crime from happening.
- CCTV cameras linked to a network of CCTV cameras and a database across the City with great success.
- Numerous job opportunities were created in the area.
- General upgrading and maintenance of the neighbourhood to the benefit of all residents.
- Vredekloof became a role model to other areas.
The success of the Vredekloof Community Improvement District (VCID) is largely due to the co-operation between VCID and the various departments of the City of Cape Town; the strong working relationship between VCID and the South African Police; the contribution of the various contracted service providers; and most important, the continued support of residents and property owners in the area.
We will have some celebrations during the month of November.
24 Hour CONTROL ROOM:
0860 123 VSC
0860 123 872
021-945 1180 (SJC Control Room)
073 647 3135
VCID OFFICE (8:30am - 4:30pm):
021 981 3303 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brackenfell Police Station:
021 980 5700
SAPS Sector 4 Policing (Vredekloof):
079 894 1427
(General, prepaid, loadshedding and faults)
0860 103 089
0860 103 054
CoCT Service Delivery Complaints
For All service delivery complaints make use of the C3 electronic Reporting System:
SMS 31373 (160 characters) or
Phone 0860 103 089
This C3 reporting system ensures that your contact is logged & a reference number will track progress.