GOOD NEWS!! The Vredekloof City Improvement District was approved by Council on 26 August 2009.
How to become a member of the Vredekloof CID
If you are the registered owner of any property which is situated within the boundaries of the Vredekloof SRA, and you agree with the vision, mission and objectives of the VCID, we encourage you to become a member by completing the membership form which can be downloaded from here or collected from the Control Room. Once completed please scan and email to email@example.com or fax to 021 9815591.
Vision for the area
To be part of a world class city and to live in a neighborhood we can be proud of.
Mission for the SRA
To establish mechanisms and programmes whereby property owners and residents are encouraged to participate in the process of a secure and clean neighborhood.
- To make Vredekloof residential area safe, clean, attractive and user-friendly by providing a range of safety services, assist the Municipality in maintaining of public open space and other residential services.
- To improve the well-being and living conditions of all Vredekloof residents.
- To facilitate programmes and community initiatives by residents in terms of assisting those who might need help – i.e. Indigent, Senior Citizens, Disabled Persons and the youth in our area.
- To develop a close and mutually beneficial working relationship with the Municipality.
- To assist in protecting the quiet nature like character of our area i.e. existing bird life.
- To encourage residents to become involved in the area they live in.
Rebates on Property Tax Rates (17/11/2009)
Registered owners of residential properties who are senior citizens and/or disabled persons qualify for special rebates according to gross monthly household income of all persons normally residing on that property. To qualify for the rebate a property owner must be a natural person and the owner of such a property which satisfies the requirements of the definition of residential property and must on 1 July of the financial year:
- occupy the property as his/her normal residence provided that where the owner is unable to occupy the property due to no fault of his/her own, the spouse or minor children may satisfy the occupancy requirement; and
- be at least 60 years of age or in receipt of a disability pension; and
- be in receipt of a Gross monthly household income as defined in paragraph 4 not exceeding R 8,000 (2009/2010) as proven by the submission by the minimum of 3 months bank statements from all financial institutions or, if the person does not have a bank account, such proof as the City may require to substantiate the person's level of Gross monthly household income; and
- not be the owner of more than one property.
For more information and to apply please get the necessary forms from the municipality.
Frequently asked questions - 46KB
Kennisgewing van Aansoek - Notice of Application - 72KB
CID Toestemmingsvorm - 41KB
CID - Consent Form - 66KB
CID Application "Annexure A" (1) - 782KB
CID Business Plan "Annexure A" (2) - 31KB
CID Budget "Annexure A" (3) - 51KB
Kennisgewing van Publieke Vergadering - CID - 31KB
Notice of Public Meeting - CID - 32KB
By-Law: Special Rating Area (Draft) - 127KB
24 Hour CONTROL ROOM:
0860 123 VSC
0860 123 872
021-945 1180 (SJC Control Room)
073 647 3135
VCID OFFICE (8:30am - 4:30pm):
021 981 3303 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brackenfell Police Station:
021 980 5700
SAPS Sector 4 Policing (Vredekloof):
079 894 1427
(General, prepaid, loadshedding and faults)
0860 103 089
0860 103 054
CoCT Service Delivery Complaints
For All service delivery complaints make use of the C3 electronic Reporting System:
SMS 31373 (160 characters) or
Phone 0860 103 089
This C3 reporting system ensures that your contact is logged & a reference number will track progress.