Gift Policy – Vredekloof CID
The Vredekloof CID‘s Gift Policy is actually a No-Gift Policy and read as follows:
- No employee, including the employees of any Contractor to the VCID, may request, solicit or accept any reward, gift or favor for:
o The exercise of any power or the performance of any duty;
o Disclosing any privileged or confidential information; or
o Doing or not doing anything within that staff member’s powers or duties
- No gifts of any kind, no matter the value, will be accepted by any employee, at any time, on or off the work premises.
- Employees are required to professionally inform residents and others of this no-gift policy, and the reasons the VCID has adopted the policy.
- A gift can inter alia be, but not limited to, cash, food, beverages, cloths, a “Christmas box”, furniture, appliances (in working condition or not), etc.
- The only exempted item will be “drinking water”, especially during the hot summer months.
- The only exception will be for food,
o delivered at the Control Room
o which can be divided, at least between all those employees on duty during that shift
- All other “gifts” that cannot be shared or divided amongst all, must be auctioned to all the other employees. The proceeds will go towards a “staff entertainment” fund that can be utilized at year-end.
- Some of the reasons behind this policy:
o An employee, especially a guard, cannot carry anything else whilst on patrol.
o It might influence an employee in the fulfillment of his or her duties.
o It will be unfair to other employees, doing the same job (or even more), not to receive or benefit from this “gift”.
- It is trusted that all stakeholders, especially residents, will strictly adhere to this Policy.
24 Hour CONTROL ROOM:
0860 123 VSC
0860 123 872
021-945 1180 (SJC Control Room)
073 647 3135
VCID OFFICE (8:30am - 4:30pm):
021 981 3303 [email protected]
Brackenfell Police Station:
021 980 5700
SAPS Sector 4 Policing (Vredekloof):
079 894 1427
(General, prepaid, loadshedding and faults)
0860 103 089
0860 103 054
CoCT Service Delivery Complaints
For All service delivery complaints make use of the C3 electronic Reporting System:
SMS 31373 (160 characters) or
Phone 0860 103 089
This C3 reporting system ensures that your contact is logged & a reference number will track progress.