Armed Robbery and Safety Tips
THIS E-MAIL IS SPONSORED BY: Dynamiq Car Wash (Vredekloof)
Dean Parker (the original owner) has re-opened Dynamiq Car Wash – “We are back by public demand”.
We have opened from 22/1/2011.
|Our hours are :||Monday to Friday||08h00 – 17h00|
|Saturdays||08h00 – 16h00|
|Sundays||08h00 – 14h30|
We look forward to seeing our clients again.
On Monday evening, shortly after six, one of our residents (Vlamboom Crescent) was held at gunpoint and robbed. It appears that she was followed from her business in Bellville to her home. Upon parking her car in the garage, two men approached her on the driver’s side of the vehicle. One of them pointed a gun at her and claimed her handbag, jewellery and car keys.
They fled with the vehicle with a laptop, cash register and ±R20,000 cash, still in the boot of the car. Approximately 40 minutes later, her abandoned vehicle was spotted near Stodels. According to an eye-witness, the perpetrators then got into a white Honda Ballade, driven by a third suspect, and fled.
Ons wil graag ‘n beroep doen op inwoners om baie meer oplettend te wees vir enige verdagte situasie, persone, voertuie of selfs honde wat blaf. Dit kan ook gebeur dat daar werkers by u bure se huis opdaag terwyl u weet dat hulle met vakansie is. Kontak die beheerkamer onmiddelik met soveel as moontlik inligting.
- Arriving or leaving are one of your most vulnerable points of any journey.
- When approaching your vehicle, be on the lookout for suspicious vehicles/persons in the vicinity.
- Check your rear-view mirror regularly to ensure that you are not being followed.
- When returning home after dark, ensure that there is an outside light on or have someone to meet you at the door.
- When approaching your driveway, be on the lookout for suspicious vehicles/persons.
- If your garage door can open with a remote, keep your windows closed and your doors locked and close the door immediately.
- When exiting your vehicle, be cautious and aware of anything that may be concealing a hijacker.
- Get to know who belongs in the vicinity of your home or workplace and who does not.
- Be constantly on the lookout for suspicious looking characters or vehicles and report them immediately to the Control Room or the Police.
VREDEKLOOF COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
5 Vredekloof Centre, Vredekloof Rd, Vredekloof, Brackenfell 7560
Tel: 021 981-3303 | Fax: 021 981-5591 | Cell: 083 2800 281
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.vredekloof.co.za
24 Hour CONTROL ROOM:
0860 123 VSC
0860 123 872
021-945 1180 (SJC Control Room)
073 647 3135
VCID OFFICE (8:30am - 4:30pm):
021 981 3303 email@example.com
Brackenfell Police Station:
021 980 5700
SAPS Sector 4 Policing (Vredekloof):
079 894 1427
(General, prepaid, loadshedding and faults)
0860 103 089
0860 103 054
CoCT Service Delivery Complaints
For All service delivery complaints make use of the C3 electronic Reporting System:
SMS 31373 (160 characters) or
Phone 0860 103 089
This C3 reporting system ensures that your contact is logged & a reference number will track progress.